Sordoni is the Construction Manager for Kalahari Resorts Convention Center expansion which will more than double the size of its already large convention center. This 104,500 SF expansion will feature a 38,000 SF Grand Ballroom which can be divided into 8 mini suites, 2,000 SF each and 2 Kilimanjaro suites at 11,000 SF each. The 12,000 SF Junior Ballroom also has the capability to be divided into 8 mini suites of 1,500 SF each. Groundbreaking was held on June 26, 2018. Construction will start in July 2018 and be completed by November 2019.
- Exterior sheathing is complete.
- Slab-on-grade is 95% complete.
- EPDM roofing system at the building is complete.
- Weather barrier installation is in progress.
- Ductwork is 45% complete & all RTU’s have been installed.
- Interior wall framing is 70% complete, followed by gyp board.
- Partition tracks are being installed.
- Roofing at the Porte Cochere will be complete by 6/7/19.
- Exterior finishes to begin 6/3/19.