The Sordoni story began in 1910, when Andrew J. Sordoni started a business with a team of borrowed horses, a second-hand harness, and two wagons. He hauled coal, removed ashes, and dug cellars by hand. Through hard work and meticulous attention to quality, Sordoni quickly became known as an honest, capable contractor. The company specialized in residential work, but word quickly spread, staff was hired, and capabilities expanded. By the end of the decade, Sordoni had developed an expertise in power line construction, providing the infrastructure for electricity throughout the region.